[IronPython] NUnit Recipe - IronPython Cookbook - testing/Visual Studio newb

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 06:56:33 CEST 2008

Hello.

I'm trying to get started testing.  I am looking at this NUnit recipe
(from the IronPython cookbook):

http://blog.bittercoder.com/PermaLink,guid,86b0df08-9bb5-4d3b-a365-fdc7b5d57942.aspx

I have downloaded the source code, but I'm stuck on the build.  This
may be off-topic, but I haven't used Visual Studio regularly since
VB6.  It is probably my ignorance of the IDE tool along with my
ignorance of testing that is causing the problem.

My setup:
Windows XP
NUnit 2.4.7
IronPython-1.1.1
Visual Studio Express 2008 for C#

When I hit F6 to build I get a bunch of reference errors.  The
IronPython and IronMath ones I've corrected, but there are still about
11 more reference and namespace related problems (I admit that I don't
know how to print them out).

Can anyone point me in the right direction, even if it's just where to
start with the IDE?

I know from posts on this newsgroup that there is a unittest module in
IronPython 2 beta.  I'm just reluctant to jump in on a beta version
when I'm working with production code.

Correct me if this assumption is wrong.

Thanks a ton for your help.

Carl T.