[IronPython] DLR Hosting, Access to .NET Types

David Seruyange idmkid at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 05:33:20 CEST 2008

Hello, thanks much to Dino on my last message. After redirecting output and error, I now see the error I was getting explained a little more in depth. I'm executing a script in order to load it as a module.  The code is something like this:

            string p = Path.Combine("path to script");
            ScriptScope newScope = engine.Runtime.ExecuteFile(p);

Are all framework types accessible from a hosted engine?  While the module loads fine using the above code, a reference to the StringBuilder (which works fine when executing a file that references the module) produces an error "name StringBuilder not defined." (The module does have a "from System.Text import *") -

Thanks and regards,

David