[IronPython] Powershell Sample and IP 2

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 22 21:03:14 CEST 2008

Thanks for reporting this Michael!  We actually discovered this internally about a year ago in one of the 2.0 Alphas, and made a few changes to get it (mostly) working again:
        E:\Merlin\Main\Languages\IronPython\Samples\IPPowerShell>ipyd
        IronPython 2.0 Beta (2.0.0.1000) on .NET 2.0.50727.1434
        >>> from powershell import shell

At this point I think we'll probably end up re-releasing some of the IP 1.0 samples shortly after IP 2.0 RTM.  If you're interested in getting this working under Beta 1 now, the change is fairly simple - replace "ShellOutput.__dict__.update(cmds)" in powershell.py with "ShellOutput.out_string = ShellCommand("Out-String")".  Hope that helps.

Dave