[IronPython] clr.AddReference effect how GC work ?!?!?!?

Sakesun Roykiattisak sakesun at boonthavorn.com
Thu Apr 24 04:09:59 CEST 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:52:31 +0700, Dino Viehland
<dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:

> So obviously one impractical solution is to pass the non-existent -X:MTA
> option :).  Another solution is to ensure that you pump messages.  The
> easiest way to do that in your sample code below is
> Thread.CurrentThread.Join(100) instead of doing a Thread.Sleep(100).
> The join will continue to pump messages while waiting for the current
> thread to exit.  That will time out of course because it's waiting on
> its self so it'll behave just like a sleep.

Yeah, that's work. Do not fully understand what you're talking about
(I'm basically a database application developer)
But I wish you luck on fixing it. :)

As for 2.0b, I've found it break many of my application test-cases.
Mostly, relate to CLR interop. But I'm yet to find way to extract
and reproduce the bug without submitting my whole working set.
Looking forward to see beta2 soon.

Thanks.