[IronPython] Creating Excel Add-in with Iron Python

Giles Thomas giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
Fri Aug 1 18:50:51 CEST 2008

Hi Todd,

I don't know if you came across us in your googling, but we have a
spreadsheet (free for non-commercial use) that you can script in
IronPython.  It's not Excel - we like to think it's better :-) - but
hopefully it will be useful for you.

There's a description here
<http://www.resolversystems.com/products/resolver-one/> and you can
download it from <http://www.resolversystems.com/get-it/>

Best regards,

Giles

Todd Page wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just starting to get into IronPython and have been poking around for
> the last few days; but I'm hoping someone can help. Basically, I want
> to take some python (IronPython) code, compile it to a dll (or xll?)
> and have it function like an add-in for excel. So, I could code
> functions in python and just call them as worksheet functions in
> excel. This is greatly preferable to writing VBA!!
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? After days of googling all
> I seem to have is 10-12 open tabs and still no concrete answer. Any
> help is appreciated, thanks!
>
> twp

Giles Thomas
MD & CTO, Resolver Systems Ltd.
giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
+44 (0) 20 7253 6372

Try out Resolver One! <http://www.resolversystems.com/get-it/>
(Free registration required)

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK