[IronPython] Creating Excel Add-in with Iron Python

Todd Page twpage at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 22:22:27 CEST 2008

Hi Giles,

I actually did see the Resolver system... it looks pretty slick! I'm putting
that on my 'to check out' list but I'm not sure if it is -exactly- what I am
looking for. Basically, I am looking to write my own code in Iron Python and
compile it into an excel add-in (DLL, or XLL? not sure yet). That way I can
just distribute the add-in to various users.

My current alternative is to create a COM server in python, but those are
harder to distribute on machines that are "locked down" (e.g. windows
non-administrators). I think an excel add-in would be the easiest way to go.

I've seen others use C# to compile excel add-ins and I'm just wondering if I
can do the same thing in IronPython?

Thanks!

~ Todd