[IronPython] Performance issue when calling a function with **kw

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 12:47:24 CEST 2008

2008/8/3 Asaf Kleinbort <asaf at itstructures.com>:
> Calling a function with **kw takes about 10 times more time than calling a
> function with a simple dictionary.  The difference exists also in cpython
> but there the differences is hardly noticed.
>
> Does anyone know if this is going to improve in version 2.0?

As far as I can tell IronPython 2 does not improve this case.

However, IronPython 2 does improve *seq case, more than a factor of
two, compared to IronPython 1. I have a plan to do a comprehensive
benchmark of call sequences for CPython, IronPython 1, and IronPython
2, based on callbench developed in PyPy. Ah, procrastination...

--
Seo Sanghyeon