[IronPython] IronPython.Runtime.Exceptions.ImportException: No module named System

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Aug 6 12:13:14 CEST 2008

Dino Viehland wrote:
> You need to add the DLLs you want to be available for importing.  We used to add System/mscorlib for you but don't anymore.  I suggest doing yourScriptRuntime.LoadAssembly(typeof(System.Diagnostics.Debug).Assembly);

What is the reason for not adding System? It creates an incompatibility
between scripts run with 'ipy.exe' and scripts executed in an embedded
environment. It has also been a cause of several questions on this list...

Personally I can't see how it is useful to not add this by default, but
maybe there is a reason?

Michael