[IronPython] Who's who in IronPython world

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Fri Aug 8 17:46:00 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 4:00 AM, Sanghyeon Seo <sanxiyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be awesome if some Microsoft people can clarify the team's
> organizational structures, job titles, current list of team members,
> etc.

I've updated what's there somewhat, but the premise that there's a
clean separation between IronRuby and IronPython isn't quite true.

The "GO team" (GO stands for Growth Opportunities) consists of
IronPython, IronRuby and F# (which I'll henceforth omit).  Shri is the
dev lead for the team, Dave Remy is the PM lead for the team and there
is currently no test lead.  The developers are Oleg, Dino, Tomas
Matousek and myself.  Dino is the main IronPython dev and Tomas is the
main IronRuby dev.  I work on the internals of both and Oleg is
working on the VS integration for both.  The testers are Dave Fugate,
Srivatsn, and Jim Deville.  Until now, they've been Python / Python /
Ruby, respectively, but that's subject to change as projects hit
various stages in their lifecycle.  Harry is the PM on IronPython,
John Lam is the PM on IronRuby and Jimmy is the PM for Silverlight
integration.

I'm a little less clear on how the responsibilities are divided on the
DLR team, and there are quite a few people working on the DLR who
aren't listed.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org