[IronPython] IronPython Studio with Visual Studio 2005

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 16:25:31 CEST 2008

Hello Joshua,

The stand-alone Visual Studio packages use the Visual Studio shell,
which is tied to Visual Studio 2008. IronPythonStudio can run integrated
with Visual Studio, but because it uses the shell that means VS 2008 and
not 2005.

There is VS 2005 integration with IronPython through the SDK, but as you
have discovered that isn't a standalone package (and requires VS 2005 Pro).

So the short answer to your question is 'no' I'm afraid.

Michael