[IronPython] [OT] x64 vs x86 (was: RE: Informal Poll: measuring IronPython performance under x64 OSes)

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 21 01:30:54 CEST 2008

For throughput performance, the Just-in-time compilers used by the CLR on x86 and x64 are different code bases, and so have different perf characteristics So in this case, yes, the x64 compiler is not as mature for this environment (JIT compilation). It something that can change going forward. I do not what the specific plans are for improving the x64 JIT...