[IronPython] defined in multiple assemblies (framework 3.5)

Fernando Correia fernandoacorreia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 19:28:30 CEST 2008

Dody, I am checking out if a fork of IronPython can work with the 3.5
framework inside a website. I tried your version and it seems to
eliminate almost all the warnings and errors I had. But there is one
left.

In your sample website I get this:

The predefined type
'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' is defined in
multiple assemblies in the global alias

On my website using your DLL I also get this:

Error	16	'ExtensionAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace
'System.Runtime.CompilerServices'.	InternalXmlHelper.vb

I tried to change the namespace of the ExtensionAttribute class but
then I get errors in Extension.cs and CollectionUtils.cs in code like
this:

internal static ReadOnlyCollection<T> ToReadOnly<T>(this
IEnumerable<T> enumerable) { ...

Then I tried (again) to convert Microsoft.Scripting.Core and
Microsoft.Scripting to the 3.5 framework but the impact seems too
great. I fixed hundreds of compile errors that were raised but gave
up.

I'm also worried that this namespace changing in
Microsoft.Scripting.Core may never end, as future DLLs that are
incorporated in the website may raise other duplications between
Microsoft.Scripting.Core and System.Core.

Any hint?