[IronPython] Release discrepancy

hellosticky hellosticky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 08:43:09 CEST 2008

Hi, I have a few questions about the latest releases for IronPython on CodePlex:
If I just navigate to http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx, the current release is 1.1.2 which was release on August 8th; however, there is a 2.0 Beta 4 released on August 5th.

1. Is 1.1.2 considered the "stable" V1 release, and the Beta streams are the beta releases on the way to V2?
2. I'm about to start using IronPython for the first time -- should I just use 2.0 Beta 4 since that is "the future" or should I instead use 1.1.2?
3. Are there expected to be many breaking changes between 2.0 Beta X and 2.0 final?
4. Should I just wait for 2.0 final?

Thanks