[IronPython] Compiling into a DLL with pyc.py and then calling the class

Srivatsn Narayanan srivatsn at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 26 20:33:21 CEST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: hellosticky [mailto:hellosticky at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:22 AM
To: Srivatsn Narayanan; 'Discussion of IronPython'
Subject: RE: [IronPython] Compiling into a DLL with pyc.py and then calling the class

Thanks to both Srivatsn and Michael, that worked! I have a few comments/questions:

1. How do I get a list of all imported DLLs? If I do "dir()" I don't see my test DLL.

[Srivatsn] clr.References returns the list of referenced assemblies.

2. Is the name of the assembly used as the namespace for all of the classes in this assembly?

[Srivatsn] The name of the py files are used as the namespace. So if there are multiple py files compiled into one assembly, you would import each file by its name after adding the assembly reference.

Thanks,