[IronPython] Loading DLL from pyc.py into ScriptEngine

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Aug 27 00:57:02 CEST 2008

hellosticky wrote:
> Okay, I tried it but got a Security Exception in System.Scripting.Com.ComMetaObject.IsComObject. The permission requested was for UnmanagedCode. I'm running in partial trust so obviously I can't be giving the code UnmanagedCode privilege. Is there some flag I have to set that says I'm in partial trust?

Does any part of your application run in full trust? You can create a
runtime with a 'remote' engine inside an appdomain with partial trust.
Not something I'm an expert on however...

Michael

> [...]
> Flags="UnmanagedCode"/>
> }
>
> Server stack trace:
>    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
>    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
>    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException)
>    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(CompressedStack cs, PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Assembly asm, SecurityAction action)
>    at System.Scripting.Com.ComMetaObject.IsComObject(Object obj)
>    at System.Scripting.Actions.MetaAction.Bind[T](Object[] args)
>    at System.Scripting.Actions.CallSite`1.CreateNewRule(Rule`1 originalMonomorphicRule, Object[] args)
>    at System.Scripting.Actions.CallSite`1.UpdateAndExecute(Object[] args)
>    at System.Scripting.Actions.UpdateDelegates.Update6[T,T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5)
>    at IronPython.Runtime.Importer.Import(CodeContext context, String fullName, PythonTuple from, Int32 level)
>    at IronPython.Runtime.Operations.PythonOps.ImportTop(CodeContext context, String fullName, Int32 level)
>    at <module>$2##2(Closure , Scope , LanguageContext )
>    at System.Scripting.ScriptCode.InvokeTarget(LambdaExpression code, Scope scope)
>    at System.Scripting.Runtime.OptimizedScriptCode.InvokeTarget(LambdaExpression code, Scope scope)
>    at System.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute(Scope scope, ErrorSink errorSink)
>    at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
>    at DlrHostedProvider.OnRender()
>
> Here is the code I used (approximately):
>
> 		StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(100);
>
>             using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream())
>             {
>                 using (StringWriter writer = new StringWriter(sb))
>                 {
>                     Assembly assembly = Assembly.Load(AssemblyName);
>                     ScriptRuntime runtime = ScriptRuntime.Create();
>                     runtime.LoadAssembly(assembly);
>                     runtime.IO.SetOutput(ms, writer);
>                     ScriptEngine engine = runtime.GetEngine(GetEngineName());
>                     ScriptScope scope = engine.CreateScope();
>                     string code = string.Format(@"import clr
> clr.AddReference(""{0}"")
> import {1}
> ",
>      AssemblyName,
>      AssemblyType.Replace(".py", "")
>      );
>                     ScriptSource source = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(

>>> clr;clr.AddReference(\"test.dll\");import test",

>>> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/
>>> http://www.trypython.org/
>>> http://www.ironpython.info/
>>> http://www.theotherdelia.co.uk/