[IronPython] Building stand alone executable

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Aug 27 21:17:38 CEST 2008

cephire wrote:
> Thank you. I built as console and I get an error
>
> no module named logging.
>
> I am using IPCE-r7. i'm importing logging using import logging. and as
> i said before it works fine when i invoke using ipy mainform.py.

logging is a Python standard library module. IPCE includes the Python
standard library - and probably adds it to the path for you when you run
stuff with the IPCE version of ipy.exe.

You may be able to setup the IRONPYTHONPATH environment variable to
point to the standard library directory (not 100%  certain that apps
compiled with Pyc will honour IRONPYTHONPATH but it is easy enough to
find out) - or your program can add this to sys.path yourself.
Alternatively you could work out exactly which standard library modules
you are relying on and compile them into your application as well.

Michael Foord

> Joseph
>
> On Aug 27, 6:18 pm, Michael Foord <fuzzy... at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> cephire wrote:
>>
>>> Hi:
>>> The program that I've written works well when using the ipy command. I
>>> tried to compile it as a standalond executable using pyc.py. It
>>> produces an executable without any error. When I try to execute the
>>> executable, nothing happens; There is no error message; nothing. How
>>> can I debug? How can I produce a executable?
>>>
>>> Here are some info:
>>> IronPython and IronMath are present in the same directory
>>> I'm using the below command to produce the executable:
>>>
>>> ipy pyc.py /main:MainForm.py /out:mysecs.exe /target:winexe
>>>
>> Try compiling as a console application rather than a windows executable
>> and when you run it you will get the error message output to the console.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>>> Begining of the program looks like this:
>>>
>>> import clr
>>> clr.AddReference('System')
>>> clr.AddReference('System.Windows.Forms')
>>> clr.AddReference('System.Drawing')
>>> #unmanaged code
>>> clr.AddReference('mySecs')
>>> #external dlls
>>> clr.AddReference('SourceGrid')
>>> clr.AddReference("System.Data")
>>> clr.AddReference('System.Data.SQLite')
>>>
>>> import System
>>> from System import *
>>> from System.Windows.Forms import *
>>> from System.Drawing import *
>>> from System.Text import StringBuilder
>>> from System.Diagnostics import Process
>>> from System import Environment