[IronPython] (do you use any standard library modules?)

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Aug 28 10:48:42 CEST 2008

Vadim Khaskel wrote:
> Yes, I use a lot standard library modules appending path (C:\\Python25) to sys.path...
>
> What option should I add to command line in this case?

Well, if you want a standalone executable then you will have to work out
which standard library modules you use and compile them *all* into your
application.

A better alternative would be to keep the standard library (in a
directory) as part of your project. At runtime you can add this folder
to sys.path - and distribute it as part of your application.

There are libraries (that run under CPython) for tracking dependencies -
both as part of the standard library and py2exe - that you could use to
automate this if you wanted to take the first option.

Michael