[IronPython] Newbie Questions

Giulio Petrucci giulio.petrucci at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:13:12 CET 2008

Hi Dino,

2008/12/11 Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com>:
> .NET config doesn't really have any concept of configuration for an individual DLL.  Instead it only has a config for the exe
> which kicked things off (or actually for the current app domain).  So the concept of a "MyLibrary.dll.config" file doesn't
> really exist AFAIK.

Yes, I know. In fact the "MyLibrary.dll.config" is a conventional name
- AFAIK - given by VisualStudio when creating a .config file for a
.dll

> So that basically leaves you with a few options.  You could add your configuration to an ipy.exe.config file.

It's an interesting option... ;-) I'll play a bit around an let you know. But...

> Or you could
> try and force the .NET config APIs to explicitly load a config file (which is what I thought the blog post I linked to showed
> via ExeConfigurationFileMap/OpenMappedExeConfiguration).

...and this is the option I prefer. I tryed to follow the example you
showd but it didn't work. Basically what I need is that each
ConfigurationManager.AppSettings[*] reads the "*" setting from my
config file.
I'll investigate and, if I find anything interesting, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Giulio

--
OnAir: