[IronPython] Announcing IronPython 2.0
taozuhong at qq.com
Thu Dec 11 12:33:43 CET 2008
good news, thanks for yours' hard working...
I noticed that the binary package haven't contain the help document, could you tell us what time the latest API document will be released?
------------------ Original ------------------
From: "Dave Fugate"<dfugate at microsoft.com>;
Date: Thu, Dec 11, 2008 05:19 AM
To: "Discussion of IronPython"<users at lists.ironpython.com>;
Cc: "python-announce-list at python.org"<python-announce-list at python.org>;
Subject: [IronPython] Announcing IronPython 2.0
Hello Python Community,
The IronPython and Dynamic Language Runtime teams are proud to announce the release of IronPython 2.0 final. IronPython 2.0 is the culmination of nearly two years worth of work resulting in a CPython 2.5 compatible release on .NET 2.0 SP1. By far, the biggest change to 2.0 is that our 1.1 codebase was refactored to run on top of the Dynamic Language Runtime. With this we automatically get improvements in many feature areas such as better ..NET interop support and hosting Python from managed code. There have been many other major improvements as well. The most notable are:
· An MSI installer for Windows platforms which includes parts of the CPython 2.5 standard library
· IronPython assemblies targeting Silverlight and tools such as Chiron to improve the Silverlight dynamic development experience
· The addition of more C-based standard modules such as cmath and _winreg
· Significant improvements in importing compatibility and features
· Distribution of IronPython under the Microsoft Public License which has been approved by OSI
· Performance improvements. On that note, a new Wiki page has been created for IronPython performance reports - see http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/Wiki/View.aspx?title=IronPython%20Performance
· Over 500 bugs have been closed in 2.0. 453 of these were reported on CodePlex
· Support for precompilation of Python source files into a single dll
This seems like an opportune time to remind everyone that we fix bugs based on the number of votes they have on CodePlex. As we’re planning on releasing IronPython 2.0.1 fairly soon, please vote for your favorite bugs at http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/WorkItem/AdvancedList.aspx to help ensure they get fixed in time for the next release.
We’d like to extend our gratitude to everyone in the IronPython community who reported bugs thereby making this a better release: milind, romank, chadaustin, sjmachin, davidfraser, TimothyFitz, drewid, sanxiyn, bashmohandes, pobrien, perhaps, haypo, Undebtedly, ayarrow, tscottw_cp, rope, arman0, eshaish, nivaldo, fuzzyman, CurtHagenlocher, Eloff, brucec, py_sunil, jacobg23, mziller, beaugunderson, gbraad, Oceanborn, tarlano, jbevain, glchapman, anthonybaxter, jdhardy, jjlee, haibo, doubleyewdee, jackeyoo, whit537, sdahlbac, PeteHufnagel, jtenney, nriley, junfeng, grizlupo, rridge, lewisle, JoelBondurant, johnplatt, lthompson, debackerl, googen, tscottw, VoteFw, leppie, Qvin, heyssion2, CriGoT, baxeno, sbergman, Laurion, luntain, oldman, christmas, 05031972, kevgu, wilberforce, Korbinian, lclj, sorokerr, Eriol, tatwright, ais, TraumaPony, pelikhan, asafk, felixpollan, srid, atifaziz, vernondcole, fwereade, zpy, yanne, facorreia, Daneel, zvikag, psykotic, Cavingdeep, BEaton, sborde, orbital56, fbourgeois, antont, krosavcheg, ktc1, awilkins, ben2004uk, paulfelix, axl, JeffreySax, Lawouach, and KKI.
You can download IronPython 2.0 at: http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=8365
The IronPython Team
Updates to the IronPython 1.0 samples will be released shortly. Stay tuned to the IronPython mailing list for details.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ironpython-users