[IronPython] ANN : Davy's IronPython Editor

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Dec 23 12:40:15 CET 2008

Davy Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've made a small start on an IronPython Editor in WinForms using
> SyntaxBox.  The project intentions is to create an editor along the
> lines of SPE or DrPython.
>
> If you want to take a look there are a couple of screen shots - please
> visit:
> http://code.google.com/p/davysironpythoneditor/
>
> Code in SVN only at the moment. DIE does benefit from being compiled.
> Maybe once I stop sniffing and coughing so much it will get done and
> uploaded ! :-)
>
> It's not production ready yet so please, please be careful with your
> precious source code. I've not tried it on Mono yet.
>
> Feedback and ideas appreciated.

Awesome! You should look at PySmell for autocomplete. It won't run under
IronPython but is intended to be run with CPython called as a subprocess
anyway. I'm sure Orestis will be happy to give you some pointers if you
go down this route.

All the best,

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/