[IronPython] Compilation and ipy.exe

Pigneri, Rocco rpigneri at LavaStorm.com
Thu Feb 14 23:09:38 CET 2008

Dear all,

Is there a way to make IronPython import module files with extensions
other than "py"?  For example, I would like to be able to name a file
"foo.ipy" to indicate that it's an IronPython file that is dependent
upon .NET.  I would then like to import it using "import foo" without
having to override __import__--that sounds like a lot of work just to
add an extension :-(.

The goal of this is to be able to easily differentiate files that are
pure-CPython but used by IronPython from those are cannot run without
it.

Thank you,

Rocco