[IronPython] Hosting IronPython 2.0 Alpha 8

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Fri Feb 22 17:18:22 CET 2008

Here's a snippet that I'm using under A8.  I can't promise that everything
is "right", but it works correctly for how I'm using it.

    // Load Class1.py into a new scope
    SourceUnit source =
PythonEngine.CurrentEngine.CreateScriptSourceFromFile("Class1.py");
    IScriptScope m = PythonEngine.CurrentEngine.CreateScope();
    PythonEngine.CurrentEngine.Execute(m, source);

    // Get the class object for "Class1"
    object value;
    m.TryGetVariable("Class1", out value);
    object theClass = (value as PythonType);
     // Instantiate "Class1"
    LanguageContext language = LanguageContext.FromEngine(
PythonEngine.CurrentEngine);
    Scope scope = new Scope(language);
    CodeContext context = new CodeContext(scope, language);
    object theValue = new PythonTypeOps.TypeCaller(theClass).Call(context2,
new object[0]);

    // Call the "Clone function on the new instance
    object theFunction =
PythonEngine.CurrentEngine.Operations.GetMember(theValue,
"Clone");
    object result = PythonEngine.CurrentEngine.Operations.Call(theFunction,
new object[] { s, i });
    result = PythonEngine.CurrentEngine.Operations.ConvertTo<int>(result);