[IronPython] Newbie questions. . .

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 20:56:24 CET 2008

I have a few questions about getting up and running with IronPython.

I have downloaded and installed ipy.exe to the D:\IronPython directory.  I
have also added this directory to the Path environment varialble.  However,
when I try to run the examples (In this case "tutorial.py") from the web
site, I get the following error:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

D:\IronPython>ipy tutorial.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File D:\IronPython\tutorial.py, line 19, in Initialize
File , line 0, in AddReferenceByPartialName##12
IOError: Could not add reference to assembly Microsoft.DirectX

When I try to run the other samples, I get similar errors.  Is there another
environment variable that I'm supposed to set so that IPy can find the .NET
libraries?  Also, if there is some documentation that I missed, I was hoping
that someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help. . .