[IronPython] Getting window properties

Jim Hugunin Jim.Hugunin at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 8 20:06:59 CET 2008

Another option would be to use the System.Windows.Automation library - new in .NET 3.0.  It's a lot easier to use than the native APIs when it works for you.  This sample will print the titles of all the top-level windows.

import clr
clr.AddReference('UIAutomationClient')
clr.AddReference('UIAutomationTypes')
from System.Windows.Automation import *

tops = AutomationElement.RootElement.FindAll(TreeScope.Children, Condition.TrueCondition)
for elem in tops:
    print elem.GetCurrentPropertyValue(AutomationElement.NameProperty)

Thanks - Jim