[IronPython] [python] Installing IronPython Studio

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 21:09:34 CET 2008

Vadim Khaskel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to install IronPython Studio and I have message instead that
> states the following:
>
> "The installation was interrupted before IronPython could be
> installed. You need to restart the installed to try again"
>
> I tried numerous times and after my PC was restarted too.
>
> VS 2008 Shell isolated mode already installed, but the thing about it
> is that I don't see it in Programs list...

Running the 'installer' only decompresses the archive (which is not at
all obvious). After running the downloaded installer for the shell, you
need to go the folder it decompressed into  (something like "C:VS 2008
Shell RedistIsolated Mode") and click on: "vsshellisolated_enu.exe" to
actually install the redistributable runtime.

I did a blog entry on this, with some other problems I had to fix:
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/weblog/arch_d7_2007_12_15.shtml

Michael
http://www.manning.com/foord