[IronPython] invoking new form

jane janet anakinnani at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 02:03:20 CET 2008

Hi all,

I think you should try this.

#in mod1
import NameofFile #(the .py file that contains Form2())

def newWinOpen():
       self.Hide()
       self.form2 = NameofFile.Form2()
       self.form2.ShowDialog()

I was wandering if this can solve your problem exactly.

All the best,
Jane

From: dinov at exchange.microsoft.comTo: users at lists.ironpython.comDate: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:22:41 -0800Subject: Re: [IronPython] invoking new form

What happens when you do this?  Is an exception thrown?  Does it just hang waiting w/ nothing happening?  Also, are you doing this from the console or from modules which just get executed stand alone (e.g. ipy foo.py)?

From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Vadim KhaskelSent: Friday, January 18, 2008 3:19 PMTo: users at lists.ironpython.comSubject: [IronPython] invoking new form

Hi all,

I’m trying to invoke a form from python module (mod1) (which is not in the same name space as Form1 class  like this:
#in mod1
def newWinOpen():
        Application.Run(Form2()) #I did import Form2 into this module#

Doesn’t work…

in my next attempt I put mod1 where I calling Form2 put into the same namespace as Form1 and Form2

In this case namespace class in Form1 doesn't see the mod1...

What is the right way to do that....???

Thank you,

Vadim

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!