[IronPython] [IronPythonStudio] Namespace Classes and Assembly Files

Pigneri, Rocco rpigneri at LavaStorm.com
Fri Jan 25 18:36:29 CET 2008

Dear all,

I am new to Python, IronPython, and IronPythonStudio, but so far I am
enjoying the functionality that IPS offers me.

One thing that confuses me, however, is the namespace classes that IPS
creates for me.  Let's say I create a Windows Forms project called Forms
with a default form called FormOne.  FormOne is created in the Forms
namespace while the Program.py file is placed in the Forms0 namespace.

I next add a new Form to the project by right-clicking on the project
name in the Solution Explorer, and go to Add->New Item->Windows Form.  I
call this class FormTwo.  FormTwo is now placed in the Forms namespace
as well.

If I try to use the FormTwo class in the Program.py file (i.e. I would
rather start up with FormTwo rather than FormOne), Forms.FormTwo() does
not do the trick.  The debugger keeps reporting that the class is not
found.  This also happens if I add "from FormTwo import *" to the top of
the file.

What am I doing wrong here?  I feel like I should be able to reference
any class in an assembly/project from any class in the same
assembly/project.  I have been able to get this to work by changing the
namespace class in FormTwo.py, but I feel like that is the wrong
approach.

Thank you,

Rocco