[IronPython] Debugging Silverlight DLR app in VS 2008

Mitch Barnett mbarnett at uniserve.com
Wed Jul 16 22:39:46 CEST 2008

My apology if this has been asked before.  I have followed the instructions
at:

http://silverlight.net/quickstarts/ProgramDlr.aspx for debugging a
Silverlight app using the DLR in Visual Studio and I cannot hit a
breakpoint.

I am using the DLRConsole from the SDK samples as the application.  I can
make changes to the app.py file and refresh the browser while running under
Chiron.exe /b and see the changes appear in the browser.

If I follow the instructions and open app.py in VS 2008, set a break point
in app.py and then attach to the running instance in IE7 and then F5 to
refresh the browser, I never hit any breakpoints.  When hovering over the
breakpoint in VS, it says that the breakpoint will currently not be hit.  No
symbols have been loaded for this document.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mitch