[IronPython] IronPython Post 2.0 Roadmap

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Fri Jul 18 17:23:01 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> One question. When IronPython 3 is started, targeting CPython 3.0, will you actively
> maintain IronPython 2 and IronPython 3 in parallel?

I think it's fair to say that this will be driven mostly by the needs
of our community and of the larger Python community.  By the time
IronPython 3.0 ships, it's likely that CPython 3.0 will have been out
for a year or even longer, and we'll have a much better idea of what
the uptake is like in the community.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org