[IronPython] 1.1.2 RC1, some small probolems

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Mon Jul 21 08:06:54 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 6:18 PM, HEMMI, Shigeru <textdirected at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello IronPython team,
>
> Regarding 1.1.2 RC1, I noticed some small problems.
>
> 1.  If I choose Windows Powershell prompt on starup, optional argument
> causes File not Found error. For example, please try
>     ipy.exe -X:TabCompletion

Using Powershell, you have to quote arguments containing a colon.  Instead, try
    ipy.exe "-X:TabCompletion"

> 2. os.walk(==nt.walk) seems missing, is it intentional?

This was not defined in 1.1.1 either.  In fact, it's defined for
CPython as pure Python in the file os.py.  We're not yet distributing
the .py files from the standard Python library with IronPython, but if
you use os.py from the 2.4.4 distribution, os.walk will probably work
correctly under IronPython.

> 3. If I build the sources with mono, some warings generated. One of them is
>    IronPython/Modules/datetime.cs(770,17): warning CS1717: Assignment
> made to same variable; did you mean to assign something else?
>    and the corresponding line is
>       dt = dt = dt.ToUniversalTime();

It certainly looks wrong and I'll take a look at it in the morning.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org