[IronPython] Announcing IronEditor - An Editor for IronRuby, IronPython and other DLR languages

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 20 12:06:29 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

Last night I uploaded an initial release of an application I've been
working on - IronEditor. This is a simple application designed to make
it easier to start coding against the DLR based languages, out of the
box it supports IronPython and IronRuby.

The reason why I decided to build this is because Visual Studio
Integration for the languages is a long way off and playing around
creating code to for the languages is painful via the provided console
applications. As such, the aim of the application is to provide a very
lightweight way to edit and execute code, great while learning the
languages and giving demos.

Blog Post: http://blog.benhall.me.uk/2008/07/announcing-ironeditor-editor-for.html

Download: http://www.codeplex.com/IronEditor
Build: 1.0.0.46

This is a release early with not too many advanced features but it can
execute code! :) Over the next few weeks and months, I will be adding
more features and implementing additional parts of the Hosting API.  I
will also try to blog about the actual implementation of IronEditor.

Any feedback or feature suggestions you have on the application would be great!

Thanks

Ben
Blog.BenHall.me.uk
Microsoft MVP (C#)