[IronPython] 1.1.2 RC1, some small probolems

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Mon Jul 21 18:38:36 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 6:18 PM, HEMMI, Shigeru <textdirected at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. If I build the sources with mono, some warings generated. One of them is
>    IronPython/Modules/datetime.cs(770,17): warning CS1717: Assignment
> made to same variable; did you mean to assign something else?
>    and the corresponding line is
>       dt = dt = dt.ToUniversalTime();
>    Is this a valid coding?

There's an extra "dt =" here; it should read just "dt = dt.ToUniversalTime()".

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  It doesn't change the
correct functioning of the code, but it should definitely be cleaned
up.  I'll take care of it for the next beta of 2.0, but don't see any
reason that it needs to be changed for 1.1.2 given that the same line
exists in 1.1.1.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org