[IronPython] IronPython.Hosting.EngineOptions.ClrDebuggingEnabled in IronPython 2.0 Beta 3

Joshua Peterson petersonjm1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:29:36 CEST 2008

Thanks.  The ScriptRuntime.GlobalOptions.DebugMode flag works for the Beta 3
version.  I'll look for the other method in the most recent version.  I
appreciate the help!

Josh

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Curt Hagenlocher <curt at hagenlocher.org>
wrote:

> This change was made after the release of Beta 3.  You can download a more
> recent version of the source from
>
> http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx
>
> I think in Beta 3 you could access the debug flag through
> ScriptRuntime.GlobalOptions.DebugMode, but this has already been removed in
> the latest sources.
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Joshua Peterson <petersonjm1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the information.  It seems that the version of
>> Microsoft.Scripting.ScriptRuntimeSetup which I am using does not have a
>> DebugMode flag.  The Microsoft.Scripting.dll assembly that I am referencing
>> has a run time version of v2.0.50727.  Is it possible that I need a newer
>> version of the Microsoft.Scripting.dll assembly.
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Dino Viehland <
>> dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  The ScriptRuntimeSetup class has a DebugMode flag that can be set.
>>> When you do ScriptRuntime.Create you can pass it the ScriptRuntimeSetup
>>> object that you created.
>>>

>>> FYI configuration is going through some reviews and changes so this will
>>> soon be slightly different but you'll do the same basic stuff – create some
>>> setup object and then pass it off to the ScriptRuntime.

>>> import System.Diagnostics
>>> print "Test 1"
>>> System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break()