[IronPython] IronPython Post 2.0 Roadmap

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Jul 21 21:47:44 CEST 2008

Keith J. Farmer wrote:
> Attributes can be applied to more than just types -- members,
> parameters, return values (as I recall), etc.

But those all presuppose a static type - right?

IronPython could generate a static class in the compile phase where .NET
attributes are used. Python decorator syntax could be used - class
decorators are now part of Python 2.6 and no-one would object to you
sneaking them into Python 2.5...

Parameter and return type attributes could still use a method decorator
to apply them.

Michael