[IronPython] Calling a Win32 API function in IronPython

Dan Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:37:41 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

I am unaware of any such functionality. IronPython doesn't support
attributes because it cannot yet expose static types to the CLR. For
both of those reasons, you cannot use P/Invoke in IronPython. Fepy has
a ctypes module, but last I checked it is broken in a few important
ways, including that it doesn't support windows dlls or 64bit systems.
However, It may still contain the answer to your question, if you look
through the code. The easiest is going to be to make a C# dll that
uses P/Invoke to wrap the required functionality from the Win32 API.

-Dan