[IronPython] VS Shell Addin for IronPython Studio

Oleg Tkachenko olegtk at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 23 19:12:50 CEST 2008

So after discussing this with VSX team I can say that basically this scenario (extending VS Shell isolated application with Addins) should work, but most likely IronPython Studio needs to be a bit tweaked to enable that. Minor changes - like stub application must have version resource and pkgdef file should also define long application name. Once I have a working sample I'll let you know.

Another question is why are you interested in IronPython Studio Isolated mode in the first place? In Integrated mode (when IronPython Studio isn't standalone installation, but part of Visual Studio) extending scenario just works.

--
Oleg