[IronPython] Switching Mailing List to CodePlex

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 25 23:58:48 CEST 2008

If anything, the mailman archive would stay where it is, no point in removing it.

Harry, when we spoke with the Codeplex folks, I gave them a feature request to allow using this feature with existing addresses, like google groups where you just tell them an external email address and they keep a record of it for you, and let people post from the web. I'd be much more comfortable using this feature then.

Also, just as a "let's try it out", we could forward all traffic from users at lists.ironpython.com to the codeplex address. This should keep the mailman archive as well, but everything we talk about will be nicely archived on codeplex. Both addresses would work, but anything sent to the codeplex address, or from the website, wouldn't go to this current list; incentive to use the new one. If we hate it, we can stop the forward.

Just a thought ...

~Jimmy