[IronPython] FW: What is mean of "/*!*/" in source code.

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 20:59:48 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Han Kejing <Colin.Han at grapecity.com> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I'm reading the source code of IronPython 2.0 beta 4. I found some flags
> like "/*!*/" in source code. Who can tell me what is mean of this flag?

It comes from Spec#, in which you can add a ! to a type (such as
string!) to indicate that it cannot be null. C# doesn't support that,
unfortunately, but I believe one of MS's static analysis tools will
recognize /*!*/ and treat it the same way.

Personally, I'm really hoping that notation makes it into C# 4.

-Jeff