[IronPython] IAttributesInjector

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Jul 29 20:39:27 CEST 2008

It's located in Microsoft.Scripting.dll (not to be confused w/ Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll).

The way you use this is you apply the assembly level attribute like:

[assembly: ExtensionType(typeof(String), typeof(MyStringExtensions))]

And then you define MyStringExtensions:

public static class MyStringExtensions {
      [SpecialName]
        public static string GetCustomMember(string self, string name) {
           return name;
      }

      [SpecialName]
        public static void SetMember(string self, string name, object value) {
           Console.WriteLine("Set called, {0}, {1}", name, value);
      }
}