[IronPython] IronPython and Threads

Dan Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 20:47:06 CEST 2008

> For now, you'll probably want to wrap any function used as a thread "main" in a try/except and do something to log the error in the exception handler.

I guess that's what I need to do, seeing as I don't create the thread,
Silverlight does. Logging/printing is out because it's silverlight.

> printing to std out isn't too useful in Silverlight but we could also look
> at having that display in Silverlight somehow too.

Tell me about it, I'm going to have to think very carefully just to
find a way to see this error that's bringing everything down. It would
be great if you guys think of something for Silverlight, (more likely
just pass the task on to one of the Silverlight guys (Jimmy, are you
reading this)) because it just silently catches the error, and it's
very difficult to try to display it, depending on where/when it
occurs.

-Dan