[IronPython] Hosting API and PlatformAdaptationLayer

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 10 22:58:40 CEST 2008

For Silverlight, a custom PAL is needed to override methods like "FileExists", "LoadAssemblyFromPath", etc, since Silverlight should look inside the XAP file when anything that assumes access to the file system is used.

The fact that we have a custom PAL in Silverlight a little strange, as we should support hosting the DLR in C# Silverlight apps by just having the assembles build with Silverlight, but if you can't change the DLR code and want a different platform behavior, overriding the PAL is the way to go.

~js