[IronPython] Talk to Python script from C# app...

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Wed Jun 11 23:45:37 CEST 2008

In addition to the questions that Michael posed, I'd add the following: Do
you know if this 3rd-party script has been tested with IronPython already?
And does it use any C-based Python extensions?

IronPython is awesome and everyone should use it.  And I would have said the
same thing even before I was hired to work on it by Microsoft :). But if
you're dealing with a script that you didn't write and aren't maintaining,
and if your needs can be met by launching the script as though it were a
command-line application, then quite frankly you might find it to be
significantly easier to run the script through CPython.

If you can provide us with a few more of the details of the use case, then
I'm sure we can provide more specific advice.  And if you do choose to go
down the IronPython path, then you can pretty well count on this community
to help you figure things out.