[IronPython] Python Pages -- web application stack (like django, rails, ...)

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Jun 12 01:51:57 CEST 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:09:01 +0200, "Jonathan Slenders"
<jonathan at slenders.be>
> I'm working on a web application framework in Python, and just uploaded the
> first release.
>
> Now I quote from my own README. What it actually does is:
>
> - Provide an easy way to embed Python code into HTML, similar to PHP, JPS
> and other server side languages.
> - Make reusing HTML very easy. It uses concepts like master pages and
>   including of other pages as a control. This is a very rich template
>   mechanism.

May I ask what motivated you to create this from scratch?  There are a
number of excellent Python web application frameworks available today,
several of which have syntax and functionality almost exactly like yours.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't do such a thing, but people in the
world at large already complain there are too many web frameworks for
Python.  I'm just wondering why you didn't choose one of the existing
frameworks that was close to what you wanted, and become a contributor
to that.  Was there something you thought was fundamentally missing from
the others?

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.