[IronPython] Using pyc.py to make stand-alone executables

joeymcjoejoe ckupec at mvlc.org
Wed Jun 18 21:30:31 CEST 2008

I seem to be having a problem compiling a stand-alone exe file out of my
code.

my code is essentially pure Python. I'm using just using System.IO to get
the FileSystemWatcher.

The regular python modules I'm using are these:

import sys
sys.path.append(r'C:\Python25\Lib')
import os
import time
import datetime
import re
import shutil
import ConfigParser
import string
import smtplib
import email.Message

When I run this line:

ipy.exe pyc.py /main:myprogram.py

I get an executable that removes the need for IronPython on the client. It
will run on the compiling machine, plus any other machine with Python
installled.

But without Python installed, it won't run.So I think I need to include
those resources in the compile command, no?

How do I include those regular python modules? The pyc sample readme only
shows how to take the .Net modules in. What is the proper syntax I need to
use? My guess is /res: ?

And which ones do I take? The uncompiled ones?

Also email.Message is in its own directory "Email\message.py"

Some I can't even find in the Lib directory, e.g.: sys, time, datetime. What
do I do in that case?