[IronPython] Problems with Iron Python Studio

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Jun 24 23:56:09 CEST 2008

Michael Stephens wrote:
> I should be able to just say
>   dbg("test") should present intellisense at least for what dbg takes
> as an argument.

"import" in Python is not the same as the C# using directive. If you do
the following:

import RT

Then you can only access members of the RT module using:

RT.attribute

and you said that worked?

If you want to be able to just type dbg("test") then you would need to
do something like:

from RT import dbg

You can only use names you have specifically imported. I have no idea
how good the IronPython Studio intellisense is though.

Michael Foord