[IronPython] StaticResources + DLR + Silverlight

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 26 02:55:59 CEST 2008

[Catching up w/old mail, sorry! =(]

Dan,

Using a dynamic language in Silverlight is no different than in C#/VB wrt StaticResources; you can have a app.xaml file which looks like this:

<Application xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
             x:Class="Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.DynamicApplication"

    <Application.Resources>

    </Application.Resources>
</Application>

And load it in app.py like this:

Application.LoadComponent(Application.current, Uri("app.xaml", UriKind.Relative))

I omit this "StaticResource XAML file" from our templates since I figured they'd only add confusion, but do you think this should be in there regardless?

~Jimmy