[IronPython] Call Python function from C#...

Seshadri Pillailokam Vijayaraghavan seshapv at microsoft.com
Sat Jun 28 19:21:49 CEST 2008

Here's another simple code snippet that'd let you do the same...

using System;
using Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting;
using System.Scripting;

namespace ConsoleApplication1 {
    class Program {

        public static void Main(string[] args) {
            ScriptEngine pyEng = ScriptRuntime.Create().GetEngine("py");
            string testSrc = @"
class FooClass:
     'A simple test class'
     def f(self):return 'Hello World'

fooTest = FooClass()
def bar(): return fooTest.f();";

            // load script with bar() function def
            ScriptSource source = pyEng.CreateScriptSourceFromString(testSrc, SourceCodeKind.Statements);
            // Create scope
            ScriptScope scope = pyEng.CreateScope();

            source.Execute(scope);

            object fooTest = scope.GetVariable("fooTest");
            Func<string> sayHello = pyEng.Operations.GetMember<Func<string>>(fooTest, "f");

            // Now call fooTest's object member function 'f'
            string result = sayHello();
        }
    }
}