[IronPython] IronPython and Silverlight 2

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Mar 9 13:19:54 CET 2008

On 09/03/2008, Kevin Chu <redmoon17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> there is my blog about IronPython and Silverlight 2:
> http://www.cnblogs.com/redmoon/archive/2008/03/08/1096331.html
> I write it in Chinese, however you can translate it by Google Language
> Tool.
> And this blog contain some useful links.

As far as I can tell (!) your blog only shows how to create a Dynamic
Language Silverlight 2 application using 'app.xap' created with Chiron. I
want to be able to create an application *without* Chiron which is deployed
as text on the server (one of the great advantages of using Dynamic
Languages with Silverlight as explained by Jim Hugunin at Mix07...).

This means using a 'Silverlight.createObjectEx' call from Javascript in the
webpage - where I can pass in the name of the xaml file to load. What I
don't know is how in Silverlight 2 do I specify a Python file - either in
the 'createObjectEx' call or in the xaml file it loads...

I don't want to be dependent on Chiron for creating/deploying dynamic
language applications, and I certainly don't want to have to hand roll XML
manifest files. Hopefully this isn't necessary I just can't quite work it
out yet.

Michael

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>

http://www.manning.com/foord