[IronPython] Silverlight 2 Controls

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Mar 9 15:15:52 CET 2008

Hello all,

I'm adapting a Silverlight 2 controls example for IronPython. It is
based on:

http://silverlight.net/Samples/2b1/SilverlightControls/run/default.html

It seems that the shiny new controls, like Button, ToggleButton,
WatermarkedTextBox (etc) don't come 'out of the box' with Silverlight2.
 From downloading this example I can see the example includes several
dlls - presumably ones that *extend* System.Windows.Controls.

As a result XAML that uses elements like these throws parse errors with
not-recognised elements. I have these dlls - how do I add them to my
IronPython project? If I just add a reference to
'System.Windows.Controls' will it use the new dlls?

Thanks

Michael
http://www.manning.com/foord