[IronPython] InvalidProgramException testing hosting under NUnit

Fernando Correia fernandoacorreia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:57:59 CET 2008

2008/3/12, Dino Viehland <dinov at exchange.microsoft.com>:
> There's an inner exception here (probably from Importer.cs in MakeImportSite) but there isn't much info on it.   Could you run it under a debugger and get that original stack trace?  It's not clear to me why we would blow up there.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for some text in Portuguese below. I hope it doesn't get in the way.

The exception occurs within class ReflectionUtils, method CreateInstance<T>.

Line 127 is:
return (T)Activator.CreateInstance(actualType, args);

This in turns ends up calling the constructor public
PythonContext(ScriptDomainManager/*!*/ manager) in class
PythonContext.

Line 120 is:
_importer = new Importer(this);

A step into this line will cause the exception.

The stack trace of the innermost exception
([System.InvalidProgramException] = {"Common Language Runtime detectou
um programa inválido."}) is:

   em Microsoft.Scripting.RuntimeHelpers.CreateSimpleCallSite[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,R]()
   em IronPython.Runtime.Importer.MakeImportSite() na
C:\Temp\IronPython v2.0 Alpha
8\IronPython-2.0A8-Src\IronPython-2.0A8\Src\IronPython\Runtime\Importer.cs:linha
74
   em IronPython.Runtime.Importer..cctor() na C:\Temp\IronPython v2.0
Alpha 8\IronPython-2.0A8-Src\IronPython-2.0A8\Src\IronPython\Runtime\Importer.cs:linha
49

The stack trace of the outermost exception (base
{System.ApplicationException} = {"Uma exceção foi acionada pelo
destino de uma chamada."}) is:

   em System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args,
SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
   em System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args,
SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
   em System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   em System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr,
Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[]
activationAttributes)
   em System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags
bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture,
Object[] activationAttributes)
   em System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
   em Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectionUtils.CreateInstance[T](Type
actualType, Object[] args) na C:\Temp\IronPython v2.0 Alpha
8\IronPython-2.0A8-Src\IronPython-2.0A8\Src\Microsoft.Scripting\Utils\ReflectionUtils.cs:linha
127